Skip to main content

How I’m going to utilise my English period on Monday 25 February 2019

P.

"I decided not to be boring."
- Pn Monica, 2k19. Wise words to follow.

So, Monday. Everyone likes Mondays. Probably.

The much-awaited drama competition of SMKDJ that is going to happen this Thursday, on the 28th of February, involves all 6 classes of Form 5s. So, in order to not embarrass ourselves during the actual competition, my class and I decided to practice our drama during the English periods on Monday 25th, February 2019, which is tomorrow.

So, to begin the practice, we're going to start off by practising the drama scenes over, and over, and over again. This is obviously, really vital to the competition, as we all frequently say, practice makes perfect. Then, we'll make sure that the props are done and are usable, courtesy of our great propmaster Chlarine. Thanks fam. Doing a few practices with the props should be important since we have to know what to do and when to do it during the competition.

Then, of course, proofreading the script for the last time. A drama script, filled with grammar mistakes and weird plot holes isn't really great. So, that's another important part of the drama, the essential part of it if I do say so myself, since everything is based around the script and the story.

So, that'll be our plan for this Monday. Let's hope that it actually works.

Cheers,
Chua.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Optimism / Pessimism Bias

Welcome back, friends. Exam weeks was long and harsh, but now it's over. Hooray! As for the blog posts, they're starting again and this time, oh boy, free topic for days (at least I hope so). So fasten your seat belts as we explore more random topics for no apparent reason. Today's Topic : Optimism/Pessimism Bias "Great, another bias. What's next? K-Drama bias? Anime bias? Jeez, at least talk about something positive." Well, positive things aren't always fun to write. So... cliche and boring. I rather dig into negative stuff just to find out what causes them and how we can solve them. Doesn't  that sound positive to you? Either way, let's jump into today's topic. I'm going to cover both Optimism bias and Pessimism bias in the same blog post, because they usually are found together in a statement. But before that, let's ask ourselves this common question that is used to test optimism and pessimism. Is the cup half full or h...

What I Learned About How My Effort Will Contribute To My Exam Marks

Well. after getting my terrible exam results, I decided to break down what went wrong in my preparations for the exams. To get down to the root of the problem, it's studying and the time spent doing it. I either do it too much, or too less. I need to organize my time even better than before, so I don't constantly burn the midnight oil, or sit around doing nothing. The worst result I got was Additional Maths. The only way I could get better in this was to do more practice. Time to start hitting more books then ! I need to put in more effort on my studies to get at least decent results for my mid-term, which is usually going to be even harder. Let's hope I actually stick to the plan this time. Cheers, Chua.

Isolation

S. Welcome back to another blog post folks, to preface this, this blog is going to be a long one, so um leave now if you don't like that. Also, if anyone is here just to see what topic it is for this week... uhm, don't. Because I chose to do a free topic here and did my literature essay in my literature book. So yeah, let's begin. Homo Sapiens . The only species from the genus Homo still exists. Of course, we have half-Neanderthals living around the world, but for the sake of this blog post, let's just say that we only have Homo Sapiens  around, okay? Once upon a time on Earth, there are several species from the genus Homo , 15, in fact, so far. Yet, as of today, 2019, we only know of one that successfully persisted through several wars and famine, disasters and conflicts, the Homo Sapiens . We built civilization from the ground up, stemming from rivers of the world, then conquering the world itself.  As much as I would like to talk about Homo Sapiens an...