Skip to main content

Free Topic (literally)

Literally.


#justiceforweimin

Welcome back to the middle of the week, folks.

"wait wait.... middle of the week? Nani?"

Since I didn't really prepare anything thorough this time, today we're going to actually talk about Free Topic.

"Weird... but go on."

Freedom. It's something that everyone wants, right? Be it from slavery, endless stress working or confinement. But, is too much freedom actually bad? Let's look at it from a point of view we all can share, especially to those doing blogs as ordered requested by Puan Monica, our English teacher.

Personally, I find free topics easy to do. It's fun sharing and discussing topics that aren't well known by others, such as the previously discussed Negativity Bias, or the history of the Princess of Paleontology, Mary Annings. It gives me and others who like to write a chance to flex their creative muscles, to introduce a topic to others, or to share their fantasies through story writing. The possibilities are endless.

Nevertheless, some of my friends groaned at the thought of free topics, and when I approached them about the matter, most of their reasons boiled down to they don't have anything to write, or don't know what to write about. The endless possibilities, used to be seen as an advantage is now a disadvantage to some. 

I don't really blame them, to be honest. Well, I can't. its 2k18 don't judge lol

Total freedom is a disaster waiting to happen. 
Let me give you an example. Let's say that we are the government, and we let the public to do whatever they want for one week.Not really a good idea. Crimes would run rampant, and due to that, the fabrics of society will be torn apart. Said government is no longer in power, and thus, the nation is destroyed, looted and pillaged by other nations.


Give a child too much freedom, and they'll take you and everything else around them for granted. Just like everything else in life, we must have a clear balance of freedom. Knowing your limits is key. im making everything negative


This is very short, weird, isn't it?

See you in the weekend.

Cheers,
Chua.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Optimism / Pessimism Bias

Welcome back, friends. Exam weeks was long and harsh, but now it's over. Hooray! As for the blog posts, they're starting again and this time, oh boy, free topic for days (at least I hope so). So fasten your seat belts as we explore more random topics for no apparent reason. Today's Topic : Optimism/Pessimism Bias "Great, another bias. What's next? K-Drama bias? Anime bias? Jeez, at least talk about something positive." Well, positive things aren't always fun to write. So... cliche and boring. I rather dig into negative stuff just to find out what causes them and how we can solve them. Doesn't  that sound positive to you? Either way, let's jump into today's topic. I'm going to cover both Optimism bias and Pessimism bias in the same blog post, because they usually are found together in a statement. But before that, let's ask ourselves this common question that is used to test optimism and pessimism. Is the cup half full or h...

ICT-ton and Carnival 2018

Well it's sad to say I missed this one purely because I was busy and no other reason. So I'm going to sum the event up through friends' experiences. To start off, there was a senamrobik activity in the morning. This is quite weird as... you know... it's a carnival.... not Sports Day to be exact. Nevertheless, that happened. I'm guessing most of the participants weren't wearing the proper attire as they didn't get the memo till the last minute. Besides, there was a dunking game that was setup by the Scouts. Though I didn't go to the carnival personally, a few clips circulated around social media such as Facebook and Instagram and that's how I know Joash from 4 Balau got dunked. Mr James that was a former teacher in the school along with Pn Lau got dunked as well. Lastly, the Teen Star Talent show. Again, I didn't go to the carnival so I do not know half of what happened during the event, but the highlight of the carnival was Mr Ganapathy, th...

What I Learned About How My Effort Will Contribute To My Exam Marks

Well. after getting my terrible exam results, I decided to break down what went wrong in my preparations for the exams. To get down to the root of the problem, it's studying and the time spent doing it. I either do it too much, or too less. I need to organize my time even better than before, so I don't constantly burn the midnight oil, or sit around doing nothing. The worst result I got was Additional Maths. The only way I could get better in this was to do more practice. Time to start hitting more books then ! I need to put in more effort on my studies to get at least decent results for my mid-term, which is usually going to be even harder. Let's hope I actually stick to the plan this time. Cheers, Chua.