Skip to main content

My Plans For The August 2018 Holidays

So a week long holiday is coming up, and I have some plans for it.

For one, I'm going to actually finish all my homework and projects without delaying it. This is crucial since the year-end exams are arriving pretty soon and there's not guarantees that I might pass it. Hence, doing some homework while studying will prove to be useful since it's better to familiarize everything that's taught for the past few weeks to months.

Secondly, I'm going to write a few short stories over the week. It's a hobby, really, but as they say, practice makes perfect. It will also help with my English writing and in general, thinking about points and facts during the language exams.

Finally, sleeping. I've been pulling all-nighter for the past week due to some... last minute activities. Thus, I will take a break this week just to regain my energy and prep myself up for the next months.

Those are my plans for my holiday. I hope you enjoy yours.

Cheers,
Chua.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Optimism / Pessimism Bias

Welcome back, friends. Exam weeks was long and harsh, but now it's over. Hooray! As for the blog posts, they're starting again and this time, oh boy, free topic for days (at least I hope so). So fasten your seat belts as we explore more random topics for no apparent reason. Today's Topic : Optimism/Pessimism Bias "Great, another bias. What's next? K-Drama bias? Anime bias? Jeez, at least talk about something positive." Well, positive things aren't always fun to write. So... cliche and boring. I rather dig into negative stuff just to find out what causes them and how we can solve them. Doesn't  that sound positive to you? Either way, let's jump into today's topic. I'm going to cover both Optimism bias and Pessimism bias in the same blog post, because they usually are found together in a statement. But before that, let's ask ourselves this common question that is used to test optimism and pessimism. Is the cup half full or h...

ICT-ton and Carnival 2018

Well it's sad to say I missed this one purely because I was busy and no other reason. So I'm going to sum the event up through friends' experiences. To start off, there was a senamrobik activity in the morning. This is quite weird as... you know... it's a carnival.... not Sports Day to be exact. Nevertheless, that happened. I'm guessing most of the participants weren't wearing the proper attire as they didn't get the memo till the last minute. Besides, there was a dunking game that was setup by the Scouts. Though I didn't go to the carnival personally, a few clips circulated around social media such as Facebook and Instagram and that's how I know Joash from 4 Balau got dunked. Mr James that was a former teacher in the school along with Pn Lau got dunked as well. Lastly, the Teen Star Talent show. Again, I didn't go to the carnival so I do not know half of what happened during the event, but the highlight of the carnival was Mr Ganapathy, th...

What I Learned About How My Effort Will Contribute To My Exam Marks

Well. after getting my terrible exam results, I decided to break down what went wrong in my preparations for the exams. To get down to the root of the problem, it's studying and the time spent doing it. I either do it too much, or too less. I need to organize my time even better than before, so I don't constantly burn the midnight oil, or sit around doing nothing. The worst result I got was Additional Maths. The only way I could get better in this was to do more practice. Time to start hitting more books then ! I need to put in more effort on my studies to get at least decent results for my mid-term, which is usually going to be even harder. Let's hope I actually stick to the plan this time. Cheers, Chua.